I jump around from resource to resource to stay entertained while learning.
Is that bad? No, we all learn differently.
As long as we don’t give up, all learning is good learning.
This is my current list of CyberSec courses/videos/books/CTF’s I’m keeping in order to stay focused.
Disclaimer, this is an ongoing list that I’ll update when I can. Bookmark if it’s useful and check the weekly newsletter for updates.
Core Computing Knowledge
To be proficient in the CyberSec game, a fundamental understanding of computers must be met.
Here’s the list I recommend:
- Roppers Academy – Introduction to Computing Fundamentals
- Hack The Box Academy – Linux Fundamentals Module
- Hack The Box Academy – Windows Fundamentals Module
- Hack The Box Academy – Networking Fundamentals Module
- TryHackMe – Complete Beginner Learning Path
- Introduction To Computer Science CS50x
- Cisco Essentials
Capture The Flags
- Roppers Academy – Introduction To Capture The Flags
- OverTheWire Bandit
free(my Bandit0-4 writeup)
free(my General Skills writeup)
More I’m yet to try out:
- Darknet Diaries
- Discord/Slack Communities
I agree, this is a rough list, but I’ll pad it out overtime.
If you have any feedback, please send me a message @mrashleyball.